It's never just about the booger

Whenever I want to write something I'm always thinking, "where to begin?" So I put it off even more, and get further behind and...so much is going on...so many wonderful things.
Joyful is sick...again. That is definitely not wonderful. However, if I truly believe that all things work for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose, then I must be able to find joy in these things. After all, that's why we named her Joyful. We want her to grow into what we named her. And being full of joy doesn't mean situations have to be perfect. Quite the contrary. In James 1 it says that we are to consider it pure joy to face trials of many kinds, because that testing of our faith produced perseverance. And perseverance must finish it's work so we can be mature and complete, not lacking in anything.
James 1 is one of those passages I love. If it's possible to overuse scripture, then that's what I do with that one. Its only because I am totally blown away by that concept. And that is something I strive for in my life...my marriage, my parenting, my friendships, and most importantly, my relatoinship with Jesus.
Well anyhoo, after realizing our daughter was sick...and after some moments of frustration, we came to a peace about Gods perfect timing. Are you kidding me. After all He has done for us in the perfect nick of time, we are still getting frustrated with the situations??? That's ridiculous! It's funny how I can read in the Old Testament where the Israelites get bailed out so many times only to lose faith after things didn't go their way for a short while and think, "are you guys idiots, or what?" And then I think about my life and actually look in the mirror at my doubts and realize how true it is that,
"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

We must lean on Him...ALWAYS! It might be new to us, but to Him it's old news. And He has a solution... ALWAYS!

Which leads me to my point, it's never about the boogers. You see, the other night my wife was digging for gold up her nose and decided it would be funny to wipe her finger on me. Well I got all sensitive and wanted to discuss things. Long story short, we had an amazing talk that we both needed to have. And we are closer and stronger as a couple because of it.

I've heard it said that the little things take care of the big things. I think that is true with good and bad stuff that goes on with us and how we choose to deal with it. We can never controll a situation completely. We can always controll our reactions, even though sometimes we don't think that's true. God always provides a way out for us to stand under. Always.

So I think the saying should go, "God is in controll of the little things, that take care of the big things when we abide in Him, always". And it's never just about the booger.

Comments

Popular Posts